Forum Reports and Papers
The Older Women Ageing Safely in NSW Forum 2010
- Older Women Ageing Safely Forums Sweep the Country, article by Sonia Laverty & Ludo McFerran.
- Speech presented by The Hon. Carmel Tebbutt NSW Deputy Premier and Minister for Health.
- Speech presented by Elizabeth Broderick Sex Discrimination Commissioner and Commissioner responsible for Age Discrimination.
Publications - download
Wellness groupThe report Kicking Up Autumn Leaves is based on the stories of wellness told by 43 older women who participated in the OWN Women Owning Wellness Evaluation Project.
Research ProjectPrevention of Violence Against Older Women is a project funded by the Commonwealth Department for Women, to encourage partnerships between the Aged, Health and Family Violence Sectors to prevent violence against older women, and increase referral of older women to domestic violence specialists by General Practitioners.
Publications - order
Creative Writing - Please add $2 postage per publication
- Tell Me More ... Voices of Older Women ($5)
- Ripe for Repetition: An Anthology ($3)
- Getting Started Growing Stronger: A Guide for NSW Older Women's Network Groups, 2001 ($3)
- A Wellness Guide: For older women, By older women, 2001 ($5)
- You can make a difference: A guide to consumer advocacy, 1997 ($5)
- A Picture of Wellness: The Story of the Bankstown Older Women's Wellness Centre, 1998 ($8)
- Aboriginal Support Circle Info Kit, 2001 ($3)
Reports - Please add $1 postage per report
- Violence Against Older Women, 1999 ($2)
- Older Women's Wellness Forum Report 1999 ($2)
- Gains and Pains Retirement Forum 1999 ($2)
- Older Women Out Louder Speakout 1996 ($2)
- Well-being for and by older women, 1994
- The Duty of Care 1992 ($1)
Research Projects - Please add $1 postage per report
- Difficult Decisions: Older women talk about money, life and retirement, 2001 ($4)
- The Best of Times, The Worst of Times: older women and retirement, 2000 ($2)
- What the Figures Show: older women in Australia, 1997 $4
- Information Superhighway or User friendly Byway? The Telephone and Older Women, 1994 ($2)
Discussion Papers - Please add $1 postage per report
- Older Women Free at Last: Governments, Doctors, Feminists, Family: All Behind the Times! 1995 ($2)
- An Easy Path or a Rocky Road? ($1)
- Challenging the Myths - Women and Ageing ($1)
- Aged Care: A Consumer Viewpoint ($1)
- Ageing is Women's Business ($1)
- The Challenge of an Ageing Society ($1)
- Women & the Social Construction of Ageing ($1)
Newsletter - Postage included in subscription
- OWN Matters (11 issues per year)
- Annual subscription for individuals is $22 and for organisations, $40.
Videos - Please add $3 postage per report
- Off the Beaten Track - Theatre Group Tour 2001 ($5)
- Soaring Spirits - Creative movement for older women ($8)
Please send your cheque or money order (including postage) to:
Older Women's Network NSW,
87 Lower Fort Street,
Millers Point NSW 2000 Australia.
Credit Cards: For payments by credit card, please contact the office on (02) 9247 7046.
International orders: If you are ordering publications and videos from outside Australia, please send your payment by bank draft in Australian dollars.